Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Simplicity.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Simplicity. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Wrapping the towel tighter around herself, Willow ran a thumb over her lip.
"I don't know. Even if they did sense her they shouldn't be able to mess with her head, different planes..." She murmured. "Keep her temperature down. If it is them they'll keep it rising until her brain boils. But I don't think it is..." She trailed off, running out the room and back up the stairs. Opening the door to Ayame's room, she shook the sleeping child awake gently. Picking her up, she moved back downstairs, pressing her hand to Aya's forehead. "It's going down." She smiled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 am

Hisoka returned to the front room as Willow ran upstairs. "Any change?" He asked Taryn, kneeling next to the couch. Taking her hand, he looked up as Willow returned with her daughter in tow.
He smiled at Willow's words, then instantly frowned, clutching at his head. Bending in half, he closed his eyes tightly, shaking his head. Gasping for breath, he tried to explain what was going on. "I can't hear her, but...I feel. I feel her. She's trying...to block me out. She's waking up...gods it hurts! Like my head's on fire..." He said, tears squeezing out. His hands fell away from his head, eyes snapping open. "She's back." He breathed out, straightning up.
Ayame gasped, eyes opening wide. She immediatly rolled to her side, curling into the fetal position. A sob escaped her lips, hands covering her eyes. "Watashi wa daijoubu. Sumimasen." (I'm okay. Sorry) She said in a tiny, strained voice.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Willow shook her head, putting the blindfolded child in her lap. "My fault. I didn't..." She sighed quietly. "I didn't think...She knows your face through me...stayed with the mages a while...think she had a nightmare, put Aya in her deepest fear. But I can't be sure." Smoothing Aya's hair, she shifted her eyes to Hisoka. "Are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Hisoka nodded, grabbing his head with one hand, closing his eyes momentarily. "I'm okay, I-I just got a bit of what she did...she tried to shield me." He answered, throat suddenly dry. He laid his free hand on the side of Ayame's neck. He could feel her shaking under his touch. He looked back at Willow, "I wouldn't of survived that. Aya can withstand the heat..." He whispered. "Man my head hurts." He added, closing his eyes again.
"Your head hurts?" Ayame retorted, voice barely a whisper. Curling into a tighter ball, she tried to stop the shaking. "I'm freezing." She breathed out. Opening her eyes a crack, she looked at Willow. "Is that what happened? I don't really remember anything...I was in the kitchen talking to Taryn, I got dizzy, it passed, then I just blacked out. All I remember after that was heat, almost more then I can withstand, and trying to keep him out...didn't want him hurt." She explained, teeth chattering. Hisoka grabbed the blanket from lower on the couch, tucking it around his sister. "Arigato." She whispered. "Iie." He replied, rubbing her arm through the cloth. "Will, what exactly can your daughter do?" Ayame asked. "Yeah, what do you mean she had a nightmare? Whats her greatest fear?" Hisoka added, still holding his head.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:03 pm

"She can do what I do...but she has more control and can hold onto it for longer than I can." Willow brushed her hair behind her ear. "It wasn't what she was scared of." She murmured with a sigh. "The mages...they would use your fear as a way of torture. Raegan...put her dream onto some one else, forced them to realise their fear. Aya was the first person she thought of." Shifting the girl on her lap, she looked down. "Sorry. Ice'll help with the headache."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:16 am

"D-don't apologise. You did nothing wrong. N-neither did she. Raegen c-couldn't help it, she's just a b-baby." Ayame whispered, teeth chattering, reaching out to grip Willow's arm reasuringly. She shook her head, "No ice. T-too cold already. Pain killers would b-be good though." She said, small spazims racking her body.
Hisoka nodded at his sister, standing. "I'll get you some Ayachan, and some ice for me." He said with a broken smile. He looked down at Willow and the child, "Why would they want to torture her? Aya's right, she's just a baby. I understand that she's powerful, but...why? It's so...wrong. She's just a child." He asked with a growl of anger in his voice, eyes begining to spin like whirlpools. Ayame reached out, tugging her twins pant leg. "Hikun, ochitsuite." (Calm down) She pleaded softly. Hisoka closed his eyes and took a deep breath, slouching. "Sumimasen Ayachan, Willow. I'm sorry, it's just, hurting a child..." He trailed off, taking a deep breath again. Straightening up, he looked down at Willow and Raegan again, "Do you need anything? Does she? Maybe something to eat or drink?"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Willow shook her head. "None for me thanks." Bending down slightly at the tugging on her sleeve, she let Raegan whisper in her ear. "She wants milk, but is scared to ask for it. So just that if you don't mind." She replied to Hisoka, letting the girl fidget in her lap. After a few moments she turned around, burying he face into Willow's chest. "Take scarf off?" She asked in a small voice.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:36 am

"No problem, I'll be back in a minute." Hisoka said with a small bow. "Kawaii." (cute) He added softly, smiling down at the little girl before running up the stairs to grab some medicine for his sister.
Ayame struggled to sit upright, finally managing it. Pulling her knees to her chest and clutching the blanket tightly to her, she took a deep breath, trying to calm the shaking. She tilted her head to the side, listening to the small child's request. "You might as well Willow. She knows you and Taryn, and aparently she knows me through you, so I'm assuming she knows Hisoka as well." She said, voice barely above a whisper, but at least she was no longer studdering. "Besides, the whole reason behind keeping her eyes covered was to stop her from having nightmares...that obviously didn't work." She smiled gently. "Unless of course, you think that her seeing me after what happened may upset her..." She added sadly, hugging herself.
Hisoka returned to the living room, trying to balance drinks and a bag of ice in his hands. Dropping the bag on the couch, he pivoted slightly so his twin could take the over-sized coffee mug from his grasp. Bending down, he offered Willow the plastic cup filled with milk. Ayame vaguly wondered where her brother had found a plastic cup in the house, she didn't know they had any.
Hisoka turned back to his sister, taking the coffee back, setting it on the end table. "Lemme fix your blanket." He mumbled, taking the covers off her, then draping the blanket around her shoulders. Tucking it around her legs, he smiled. "There, now your bare shoulders are covered but you can still use your hands." He explained. Reaching in his pocket he removed a small pill bottle, shaking five tablets out. Taking the pale, sweet, coffee he had made for his twin, he popped two of the pills in his mouth, swollowing them with the coffee. "Take these." He said, dropping the three remaning pills in Aya's hand, handing her back the coffee mug. "Arigato gozaimasu." She whispered.
He sat on the couch next to his sister, cuddeling against her, trying to share his body heat. Pressing the ice to his head, he looked down at Willow and the child. "Is that okay? I don't know how to judge her age...I mean I have a hard enough time with children from here." He laughed. "So to be safe, a plastic cup. I even looked for a lid, but couldn't find one." He added, rubbing the back of his head in embarassment.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Taking the cup, Willow smiled gratefully. "Thanks. I guess by these standerds she's five, so the cup is fine." Hesitantly she removed the scarf from her eyes, handing her the cup of milk. She watched as Raegan stared at Aya, sipping the drink.
"Pretty." She finally murmured, wiping away the milk on her upper lip.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Ayame blushed. "Arigato gozaimasu, chiisana ichi." She said softly, dropping her eyes. Hisoka grinned, looking between the two. "She said 'Thank you, little one'". He said, translating for his twin. Ayame blushed again, "Sorry, I didn't realise..." She mumbled. Hisoka laughed at her, squeezing her arm. Ayame looked back at the child. "You're very pretty too." She smiled. Looking up at Willow, still smiling, she said "She looks just like you."
Hisoka leaned forward, talking to the child. "Is the milk good?" He asked softly. Ayame smiled at her brother. He had always loved kids, and gotten along great with them, and kids had always loved him.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:58 pm

"'S different." Raegan replied, taking another sip. "Not bad, just not same." She murmured, looking down in embarrasment. "Like here odd. Candles in glass." Motioning to the lightbulbs. "How do you blow them out? Must be 'spensive."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Hisoka smiled gently at the girls question. "I know what you mean. When I came here from where I lived before lots of things were different, but you get use to it." He said, thinking about how when they moved from Detroit to England he had to get all new clocks and lamps...that or get converters for the electrical plugs. From Canada to the U.S. was no problem, and he couldn't remember if they had to change anything from Japan to Canada. "These candles are special, you don't have to worry about the wind blowing them out, and when you want to blow them out, you just flip a switch and it blows them all out for you." He explained, reaching over to turn off a lamp. "And when you want to light them, you just flip the switch again and it lights them for you, so you don't have to worry about using fire and maybe burning yourself. They actually cost less then normal candles." He smiled, turning the light back on to show her.
Ayame smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You explained that really well Hikun." She said, impressed. He grinned in embarassment, rubbing his head again. "Yeah, well, I like kids. People ignore them, and they don't deserve that." He replied. Looking back at Raegan he smiled. "Is there anything else you find different? Are you hungry?" He asked, the Japanese in him coming forward. You always feed your guests.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Raegan shook her head, putting the half drunk milk down. "No, fine thank you." She shifted as Willow put her down, unsure of what to do with herself.
"Just became very aware that I've only got a towel on. Stealing some sweats Aya." She told her, walking back upstairs. Raegan shuffled for a moment before climbing into Hisoka's lap. "You're different to. Pretty, no wonder mama likes you so much."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 am

Ayame laughed at Willow's comment. "Go for it babe, you know where my clothes are. If my sweats are to short to be comfortable, you can borrow a pair of my brothers. He's skinny enough that they should fit you. He keeps his night clothes in the tall dresser in his room, second drawer down." She explained, taking a drink of her coffee. "Thanks for volunteering my clothes imoto." He said with a scowel, even though he had no problem with Willow wearing them. "No problem, oniikun." Ayame grinned, sticking her tongue out. "Gods I hate that nickname." He mumbled with a sigh.
Hisoka helped Raegan up, automatically wrapping an arm around the child to keep her from sliding off. He blushed scarlet red at the little girls words. "S-so your mama likes me a lot?" He asked, biting his bottom lip. Ayame giggled at her brother's reaction, covering her mouth. Hisoka glanced at his sister, turning even more red if possible. "I-I mean, thank you for calling me pretty. My sister is right, you're very pretty too, and very polite." He said, smiling down at her. He wasn't use to being called "pretty", especially not by a child, and really didn't know how to respond.
Ayame leaned forward, brushing her finger tips over the back of the Raegan's hand. "How are we different sweetheart?" She asked softly, gently smiling at Willow's child, genuinly intrested in her answer.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:13 pm

"You's different because you have different way of speaking...and look different to people I used to see eveyday..." She murmured, putting her hand on his face, tracing the contours of his skin. "Yes Mama likes you. Says you're...you're..." She struggled for a moment trying to pick out the right word. "Intriging?" Raegan murmured, before wondering aloud if the word was even right.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:23 am

"You're not the only one who thinks we're different for those reasons." Ayame smiled. After all it wasn't everyday that you met someone who looked Japanese with eyes the same color as a cats...and Japanese wasn't exactly the most common language heard in this area of the world. "Do people look more like you and your mama where you're from, instead of having dark hair and eyes shaped like my sister and I? Did Taryn look different?" Hisoka asked, curious about the people of that world, and wanting to keep the child occupied.
Hisoka blushed again as Raegan confermed that Willow liked him. He felt like if he blushed much more that he may pass out. He was sure the child had to feel the heat coming off his skin while she ran her small fingers over his skin. Ayame smiled at her brother, trying not to laugh. "Yes, that sounds like the right word chiisana." Ayame confermed.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Raegan cuddled into Hisoka. "Warm." Sh said, voice muffled into his skin. "People look like him except some are different. Mainly the lupus clan. They always keep their ears, teeth and other parts when they change. S'weird." Yawning quietly she rubbed her eyes on the back of his hand.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:20 am

Ayame and Hisoka glanced at each other at Raegan's words. Werewolves? Hisoka asked his sister in her mind. Sounds like it. She replied. She can't be serious! Werewolves... He said, shaking his head. Why is it so hard to believe? I remember a time when the Kitsune roamed Nihon. They were basically the same thing, only they became foxes. Willow's world seems to be parallel to here, and there have been legends of Werewolves in this part of the world for ceturies. Ayame retorted, narrowing her eyes.
Hisoka looked down at the child, noteing how tired she seemed. "Why don't you go back to sleep sweetie?" He suggested, rubbing her back. "Hikun is a pretty comfy pillow chiisana, you can just sleep on him. I'm sorry we had to wake you up earlier." Ayame apologised, head still aching from the childs nightmare, but feeling cruel for keeping her awake.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Raegan whined quietly. "Don't want to sleep. Hurts people. No sleep." She pouted adamantly. Watching Willow walk down the stairs in Hisoka's sweats, she lifted her arms up, wrapping them around her neck.
"Sorry." Willow murmured. "Your sister is a midget, they ended up around my knees and the top, well half my stomach was on show." She grinned, holding Raegan close. "Hope she wasn't troubling you."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:44 am

"You can't stay awake forever Chiisana..." Ayame said softly, gently petting the childs hair. Hisoka and Ayame turned in unison to see Willow. "I'm not a midget, I'm Japanese." Ayame corrected, smirking at the girl. "Besides, I knew you wouldn't fit in my clothes, that's why I told you where Hikun's were. You guys are like the same height." She added with a laugh.
Hisoka grinned at Willow. "She was no trouble at all, I think we became friends." He said happily. "And Ayachan definatly adores her. You can always tell by if she gives a nickname or not." He laughed, glancing at his twin. Ayame's cheeks turned bright red as she dropped her eyes in embarassment. "Gomen. I don't even notice when I do it." She mumbled. Hisoka laughed again, squeezing his sister's shoulder gently. "It's cute that you do it." He teased. Hikun, tell Will about Chiisana refusing to sleep. She has to sleep... Ayame whispered in his mind. "Oh yeah. Willow, Raegan refuses to sleep. She's afraid she'll hurt us again, but she's exausted. Aya's really worried about her. She wont admit it, but she feels responcible for Raegan being afraid to sleep." Hisoka explained. Ayame scowled at her twin, "Anata wa kanojo ni iu koto ni natte nda!" (you weren't supposed to tell her that!) She hissed, smacking him in the arm.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:32 am

"No, you're a midget." Willow smirked. She stroked along Raegan's back slowly, rubbing soothing circles into her skin. Murmuring quietly in her ear she put the child down, covering her up with the blanket over the back of the couch. "There." Stroking her hair, she stood up. "Don't feel bad, she gets funny sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:13 am

"She's right Imoto, you are a midget. I mean come on! We're twins and you're seven inches shorter then me." Hisoka teased his sister. "Shut up teme." She retorted, turning away from the duo with a huff.
"I can't help but feel bad. You guys were on the run for days, and when she finally gets a chance to sleep somewhere safe, we have to wake her up because she's accidently hurting me." Ayame said softly, dropping her eyes to her lap. Hisoka looked up at Willow, speaking in her mind. You know Aya... she blames herself for everything. Nothing you say will change that. She feels like she should be strong enough to withstand anything, to beat anything. She may be a goddess, but she's still just a teenage girl. He said sadly. Ayame turned and scowled at her brother. "I heard that." She said in a clipped voice. Hisoka's eyes went wide, face paling. "S-sumimasen Ayasama, I thought I blocked you." He apologised with a bow, using the highest title he could think of. "You tried, but your leg's touching me. You can't block me out if we're touching." She explained, staring him down. "I-I didn't know that. Why have you never told me that before?" He asked, voice raising an octive as he recalled all the times he thought he was blocking what he was thinking from his sister. "Why would I tell you? It was to my advantage." She answered with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Willow shook her head at the quarelling pair. "Aya she'll be fine, she spent most of the day asleep. Worst that can happen is she gets a bit crabby." Willow grinned, petting her silvery hair gently. "Though I'm intriguf. What has Hisoka been trying to hide from you?"
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:14 am

Ayame grinned at Willow, shooting her brother a wicked look. "Ayachan wa, shinai..." (Aya, don't) He pleaded. "Oso sugiru." (Too late) She responded, turning back to Willow. "He tries to hide things like the fact that Satoru's been looking for me, or when he rats me out for smoking to Okaasan, also I get lovely glimpses of the people he likes...for examp-" She didn't get a chance to finish her sentence, Hisoka damn near tackeling her, slapping his hand over her mouth. "Shut up Ayame! I swear...OUCH!" He exclaimed, jumping off the couch after his twin pinched the underside of his arm. Smirking smugly, she started speaking again. "Quit being a baby...and I don't understand why you're freaking out, it's not like she doesn't know." She sighed, crossing her arms across her stomach. "Besides, I've heard much more disturbing things then your little fantasies about my best friend. You know what I'm talking about." She said in a hushed voice, shifting her eyes towards Hisoka. The boy paled, adverting his eyes. "I can't always help what I think." He whispered. "I know this, that's why I didn't say it outloud." She responded, pulling her knees to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:47 am

"I'm missing something aren't I?" Willow asked, taking seat next to Taryn.
"Don't worry, so am I." He grinned, sitting back to watch the duo fight. "Been a while since I've seen twins fight." He murmured, faint amusement in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity.   Simplicity. - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simplicity.
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Chosen Academy :: Chosen Academy-
Jump to: