Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Devouring midnight

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 36 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Devouring midnight - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:45 pm

He twined his fingers into her soft fur. Ignoring Dennai's cry of glee at the sight of the tiny wolves.
"Don't mind him, he won't hurt them. Just excited about something fluffy and cute. So I guess I should be calling you mother now." He smiled, glancing at the three bundles of auburn fur. Looking over his shoulder, he caught Kage's eye.
"Did you bring water? I'm pretty sure she could use some."

--

She spared Barnelby a fleeting look as she reminded herself to wake in up again in a few hours, already rolling the clean bandages in her hand. She had a feeling that the other two would be up soon. After all they'd practically slept the day away. She stifled a smile at the thought of either of them being told that this was an alcohol free house and always had been.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Kage nodded, pulling a wine bottle from within the hefty bag he carried.
"She won't drink it from the bottle..." Kage muttered, searching for something that he could pour the pure water into for the wolf to drink, digging a small hole in the damp ground so that she could drink.
"Oh! Wait!" Dennai exclaimed, yanking his bag from his shoulder he tore through his belongings in earnest, pulling out a neatly carved ivory bowl.
"You brought that?" M asked, tilting his head slightly.
"It was my last birthday present..." Dennai answered, as if insulted, placing the bowl close to the protective mother, smiling when she didn't scold him.
"...great idea Den" Kage praised, patting the young boy on the back who squeaked shyly. The water was poured and Amoux began to lap at the liquid she so desperately needed.
"May I?" Kage asked, gesturing to one of the pups who looked a little weak.
There was no reaction that suggested he was unwelcome and he gently lifted the wagging tail pup into his arms.
"seems like a difficult birth..." He muttered, dipping small droplets of water into the pups pink mouth. Dennai was finally able to get a close look at the fidgeting bundle, grinning excitedly.
What wasn't expected, was the loud snarl that split through the dense surroundings.
Their eyes met, as they had done so many times before.
Albany took a startled step back, Amoux advanced, weakened as she was, something drove her on, growling, hackles raised, stopping only once Albany was far enough away.
She frowned sadly, she wanted to cry but felt unable to, her friend of so many years, wanted to be nowhere near her.
It was terrifying.

--

A splitting headache was all that ripped through Pyro's mind as he woke from his alcohol induced sleep. He clutched his head which was clouded with dizziness and fought to sit himself up without vomiting over the clean sheets.
For awhile he just sat there before plucking up the energy and stomach to venture downstairs and search for some water.

The same had happened to Alton, though he was a little more used to the feeling, and was able to descend the stairs with ease, both of the hungover males sat with tall glasses of clear water. Pale with the effort of keeping the last twenty four hours of consumption down.
"What happened last night, dude?" Pyro groaned, head meeting the cold surface of the kitchen table.
"No idea...got drunk...pissed off Sai...got drunk again...you?"
"Oh yeah, pretty much the same..."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 pm

"Amoux, what're you-?" He asked in surprise at the harsh welcome Albany had received. He removed his hand tentatively from her fur, partially guessing what was wrong with the wolf but mainly afraid to ask. He stood, dithering between the two before joining Albany, pulling her in for a hug that she looked like she needed.

--

The thumping around from upstairs signalled the boys rise. Glancing at Barnelby, she was happy to see he was still deeply asleep. Figuring she had a little time to spare, she snuck out the room. Locating the room the were in by the noise...and smell. Stopping a little way before the room, she pulled open the closet. Digging around she pulled out two hollow pieces of metal, almost like pan lids. Silently thanking Barnelby for hording random things, she crept up behind Alton, crashing the two pieces of steel together just behind his ear.
"Good morning!" She yelled, smirking at the two before discarding the metal with a clatter.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Even with Haru's comforting arms around her, she still stared with longing at the agitated she-wolf.
"Amoux..." She whimpered, hand outstretched, though the wolf barely looked at her, returning to the two pups who tried to clamber after her, watching Kage as he tended to the weakest. Albany glanced at her pale fingertips, sighing. There was indeed a heavy priced that had been paid to have Haru by her side, she couldn't have everything, even though she wanted it.
"It's like she doesn't even know me" She whined, eyes closed tight as she buried her face in Haru's chest.
"Albany, look!" Dennai giggled, his arms full with a squirming pup that licked and pawed at his grinning face.
"He likes me!" He beamed, nuzzling into the soft but dirty face.
Albany could only overlook the scene with utter jealousy, even M was allowed to hold one of the pups, the mother entirely relaxed around them, yet Albany was allowed nowhere near.

--

Alton cried out and covered his ears as if to keep his head from shattering as the sound rebounded from the interior of his thick skull, Pyro was less lucky, his head between his legs as he spat what little there was to be spat from his gut.
Neither returned Sai's courteous greeting, both trying desperately not to vomit their brains out, feeling their hangovers worsen.
"Don't do that, Saaaai!" Pyro cried, resting his head on the table.
"We're sick enough already!" He assured her, Alton nodding in agreement.
The sound even woke Barnelby for the briefest of moments, though he was soon under once more, even as the rest of them 'enjoyed' the morning.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Haru tightened his arms around her.
"If you didn't make me promise..." He sighed. "I'll talk to her. You're not the bad guy here Albany, she's just confused."
He stroked her hair lightly, glancing over his shoulder at the wolves and the brothers. A fairly happy scene that lined his stomach with guilt. Keeping his face carefully blank, he silently cursed himself for letting Albany trade her soul for him.

--

Padding around the table she wrapper her arms around Pyro's neck, smiling as she nuzzled him lightly.
"And who's fault is that for drinking away their liver? I can't help it if you can't handle the noise of everyday life."
Letting him go, she walked over to the cooker, switching it on.
"Want some breakfast? Or lunch as it should be now."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:20 pm

"Confused? Confused that I lost the one thing that was rightfully mine, confused that I wasn't there for her...look at her...she looks like somebody's rag doll...and I wasn't there...she'll never want to know me ever again...how can she know me?" Even as she spoke in a confusion of muddled sentences and tears the she-wolf lapped at M's face as he returned a cleaner looking pup to her thin stomach which seemed to be missing some small patches of fur. She looked around, relief on her face, though she searched for the one thing that was missing in the small gathering, not even looking Albany's way.

--

Alton nodded hungrily, though he still held his ears and hoped his lip reading skills were improving, Pyro shook his head and slumped, he doubted he trusted himself to keep anything down after Sai's first violent attack on his ears. For a moment he waited, but he could sit no longer. Making his way over to the spotless counter, he leant against it, feeling a little better he decided to ask;
"So where's Barnelby?" Though it was more a question of boredom than one of interest, something to take his mind off of the mind numbing migraine.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:49 pm

"Don't you dare blame yourself Albany." He told her firmly. "I know this is my fault, so blame me."
With a sigh he let her go, turning back to face the assorted group of animals and people.
"Are you okay to walk for a bit? We really have to keep going, but we're not about to leave you here." He asked the she-wolf.

--

"Sleeping." She replied simply, opening a cupboard full of food. Picking out a few eggs and a couple of bacon rashers, she tossed them into the pan. Discarding the now empty eggshells. "Can either of you do me a favour and grab me some milk? I could use some about now."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Amoux nodded, looking up into his familiar eyes, they looked different compared to how they'd looked before, they could have been through more than her, so she could only agree.
But it wasn't her that could potentially slow the group down, the pups had prematurely opened their eyes, been born too early and had only just learned how to take even steps, and they were weak, it would be a long and unwanted journey to say the least.
Dennai tugged on Kage's spotless sleeve, repeatedly, persistently.
"Kage...can I keep one?" He asked, his eyes as wide and eager as the tiny puppies.
"Dennai-...we'll discuss this later, okay? Maybe you can ask their mother properly when they're old enough..." Dennai frowned and appeared to sink where he stood.

--

Alton slid over to the pantry, peering inside.
"Milk..." He took a step in and spotted a bottle of white liquid. "Ah" He snatched up the bottle and returned to the brightness of the kitchen, lifting the lid he took a sniff.
"Hmm...smells a little off...think it'll be okay?" He asked as he held it out for Sai.
"You don't even like milk" Pyro muttered.
"No but I like cakes...milk is in cakes" Both of them looked away from each other, as if choosing to blame the other for all of their problems the previous day, not that it mattered that the decision to get drunk had been mutual.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:50 pm

He could see the worry clear on Amoux's face. Already guessing what it would be about, he knelt back down beside her.
"We can have them carry your...children? That sounds odd. But I don't think M or Kage would object and Dennai would be all too pleased. I need you to walk behind anyway with me. I have to explain some things." He lowered his voice for the last part. Hoping she would agree.

--

Taking the bottle from Alton with a courteous smile, her brows knotted together at the sudden aversion between the two.
"What happened...?" She asked, tugging the lid off the bottle, pouring herself a small glass and taking a small sip. "It's not too bad, it's like cream another few days and I'd be throwing this back up..."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:24 pm

The she wolf had already stepped beside him, pinned ears and a warning growl had Albany hurrying over to the other three.
And of course, a pup was already nestled into Dennai's chest, fussed over even in it's sudden sleep.
"Aaaaaw, I wanna keep you forever!" Dennai squealed, nuzzling the sleeping ball of auburn.
Kage placed his pup in his bag, letting is sit snugly atop all that he carried, it's head just visible, resting on the hem, while M tried his hardest not to look as happy as Dennai. And still, Albany maintained a distance, from both the mother and the pups.

--

"Oh nothing" Alton mumbled.
"Except...we kinda kissed...I think..." Pyro said, face flushed with heat.
"You dreamt that..."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah, we both had the same dream" Pyro glared over at Alton with renewed annoyance, but quickly turned his gaze elsewhere before Alton could catch it.
"Whatever dude...as soon as Barnelby wakes up, I'm getting a new drinking buddy...so what use is cream anyway? Milk is better..."
"I think cats like either" Alton said, rubbing his temples.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:36 pm

He gave Albany an apologetic look at Amoux reaction, walking slowly behind the others with the wolf.
"...A lot of things happened while you were gone. I'm not sure if you remember, but the girl you're having such a fierce reaction against is Albany. She's your friend, even if you can't tell. I know she's different and not how you can recall. Truth be told that's my fault and if I could I would put her back to normal, but she won't let me. You've got to have some memory right?" He pleaded.
--

Placing the glass back on the counter she folded her arms.
"Shut up, or kitty will put a collar around your neck and tie you in the yard like the bad puppy you are. Kissing your best friend...I always knew you were gay Altie, no need to hide it." She giggled. "Besides Barney doesn't drink. He hasn't had booze in his home for years. I asked him for some wine earlier and he told me he detests alcohol within this vicinity. So yeah maybe not the best drinking partner."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:26 pm

She growled softly, reserving her energy for walking though she couldn't help but display her disliking for the situation.
"That soulless thing can't be Albany, it walks as though it were a hollow shadow amongst a sea of innocents" She shook her head angrily.
"I know my Albany, that is not my Albany...she's gone, I don't care who's fault it is" She pinned her ears and gazed at the floor, her feet crunching clumsily on the leaf stricken floor.
"My Albany is beautiful, her soul is pure, that thing I see before me has no soul, no life, just-...hollow...It's disgusting"

--

Pyro tilted his head, eyes searching blankly for the anomaly in Sai's statement.
"What?!...Barney like-...well sure he's a mild drinker but...he had beer! He had lots of beer...Right?" He turned to Alton who nodded quickly.
"He did...I drank a lot of it actually..." Pyro then turned his attention back to Sai.
"What do you mean he detests it? That's not true..." He quickly hopped over to the pantry, flinging open the door, looking past the regular jars of what was possibly food, to where he was sure the crates of alcohol had been.
"What the-...heeeeey, what happened to the booze?"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:40 pm

He sighed, clenching his fists for a moment, before realising them, anger vanishing.
"She saved my life. If you know her then you'll know that what I say is true. She sold her soul to bring me back. She shouldn't of, I would easily deal mine just to get hers back, but she won't let me. We're leaving to get away and get hers back all at the same time. She doesn't have her fingertips anymore and maybe she's not the girl you remember. But I can't see any differance. Amoux, you have to trust me on this."

--

Sai's eyes widen slightly at Pyro's outburst.
"What booze?" She asked innocently, walking over to the pantry. "Since we've been here there has been no alcohol in this house. You guys went out to get pissed and I stayed home with Barns playing scrabble. Pyro what's wrong with you...you know all this." She shook her head walking away from him. "I swear you're a little bit special sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Amoux's eyes closed, she halted and released resigned sigh.
"...Her soul is the only thing of value she's ever possessed. The one thing that made her whole...she promised me she'd never bargain it away...not for anything..." She clawed at the ground in frustration.
"She broke that promise...and it's brought her nothing but grief...she loves you, boy. She loves you from the bottom of her heart from what I saw before I lost her, but that means she has even more to lose...I don't trust you enough not to be an idiot or do something to endanger yourself...if you die, if you leave, I'll lose her completely..."
There was a soft yelp from up ahead as Dennai struggled to hold a squirming pup, the cry was not one of pain or discomfort but Amoux was still drawn to it by her instincts, and soon plucked the pup from Dennai's grasp and padded along at a pace she could just manage. Albany still kept her distance.

--

"But-...that's not...there was beer...of course he's a drinker...we all are...we all...we've all drunk...before..."
Alton shook his head lightly and left the room, rubbing the side of his head.
"Course he doesn't drink...he's a freak"
Pyro tilted his head curiously.
"He doesn't?"
"Nope.." Alton was set on making it back to his room sane, going along with the concept he must have missed seemed the only logical path to prevent himself looking as confused as Pyro.
Pyro was entirely lost.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Drawing his feet together, he stopped on the soft mud, watching the wolf stumble away.
"She loves you to you know. Forgive her for my mistakes." He whispered, marginally confused at the whole ordeal.
Rubbing his head slightly, he soothed the beginning of a headache which he knew would only return in a few minutes. A defeated sigh left his body, picking his feet back up he walked behind the group.

--

Wrapping her arms around Pyro's neck she kissed his cheek lightly.
"Cheer up sweets, you'll remember soon enough. But he has never drank, I can assure you that. Don't you trust me?"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:54 pm

"Regretting leaving your comfy little manner yet?" M asked as he stroked the ear of the sleeping pup he carried in his arms.
"Nah, nothing interesting's happened yet...but I'm sure you'll miss it long before me, your arse feeling better yet?" He smirked as M hissed in reply.
"Tut tut, down puppy, I didn't do it"

--

He hadn't meant to, but he took several moments to answer.
"...I don't think I trust anyone anymore...you're all nuts...there was booze...right there...right in there...where's it gone?...The rubbish!" An idea struck him and he raced haphazardly out of the room, looking for some proof that he hadn't entirely lost it yet.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:19 pm

It was hard not to laugh at M's reaction, something Haru struggled with and was very thankful when M didn't seem to notice. Deciding to hang back and walk with Albany, who everyone else had forgotten about while having access to puppies, he smiled lightly.
"She's halfway there I think. Give her time."

--

Sai waited until Pyro dashed out the room, before collapsing to the ground, clutching her sides with laughter. She could hardly believe it worked so well, struggling to her feet she stumbled to Barnelby's room, wiping away the tears that were streaming freely down her face.
"Barney!" She poked his sleeping form. "Barns!"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:20 pm

"I don't know how much time I can spare...I keep looking at her...I want to hug her...but every time I catch her eye...maybe you're right...but she's never looked at me like that before...I hope this is all over quickly...I want my friend back..." She found a smile suitable to return to Haru, then cast her eyes toward the wolf and her pup, who Dennai stayed very close to.

--

He murmured something soft then, with a start, sat bolt upright, falling back as he grabbed the stump, soreness returning, feeling returning to the healing wound.
"Sai?" He said, pain seeping into his voice even past his weak smile.
"Did they wake up?" He asked, assumption fresh in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:40 pm

"She's tired, hungry and confused. A good night's sleep will do her a world of good. We'll stop soon anyway, I doubt we could drag Dennai for miles. He would just drop while walking." He smiled. "I'm not sure where the next village is though...we may just have to set up camp. I'm not sure."

--

Nodding frantically, she bit the back of her hand to muffle the laughter. Waiting until it had subsided, she wiped her face clean of the tears.
"Sorry for waking you. Pyro's completely lost, Alton's just going along with it to avoid any further confusion. But I've convinced him you don't drink alcohol and do not allow it in the house." She giggled. "He's gone to search the trash..."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Albany nodded, the thought of a potentially relaxing night in the fresh air gave her something to look forward to in her dreary world.
"Suppose you're right...but Dennai will only drop once the excitement from seeing those puppies wears off...who knows how long that'll take, at least he'll sleep tonight..." She found herself staring at the she-wolf once more, hoping that Kage had kept plenty of the deer he'd killed, perhaps a full stomach would quell the strangeness of her friend.

--

Barnelby smiled and closed his eyes which refused to adjust to the light of the room.
"Poor Pyro" He chuckled, his voice quiet, soft. "Too bad the crate made excellent firewood, or he might have actually found something to support his wild theory"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:46 am

"So Dennai will drop in about five minutes?" He grinned, glancing at the sky. "Looks like rain..." He murmured, the first few drops hitting the already moist debris. "I wonder if Kage will carry him...or drag him. Looks like we'll find out soon enough though." He glanced at Dennai, head falling forwards then jumping back with a start. "I give it two more minutes..."

--

"He'll burst in soon, screaming the place down...well to the best of his ability. The baby has a hangover. You think he would know that himself by now, but no." She sighed, pressing her palm to her face. "It's like living with a giant child."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:08 pm

"Kaaaaage" Dennai whined, holding his hefty bag above his head.
"What is it?" Kage asked, stopping in his tracks to give Dennai his full attention, something he usually denied anyone else, especially M.
"I'm getting wet!"
"That's generally what happens when you're out in the rain, take out your coat and let's keep going" He turned again to resume walking, sheltering the pup he carried by opening his jacket for it, though a bath in the fresh water would probably do wonders for it's muddy pelt. Yet he was met with another whine.
"But I'm tiiiiiiired" Dennai cried, dropping his bag which had begun to make his arms ache. He didn't even bother reaching for his coat, Kage sighed, remembering why keeping Dennai asleep had always been the first option, he made more progress alone.
"Dennai, it's hardly been a long journey so far...just walk a little while longer for me" A groan and a stomp of a childish foot later and Dennai had picked up his bag again and had begun following once more.
"At least he's trying..." Albany said quietly.

--

"You've no idea...or maybe you do...has he had many tantrums before? I theorize that someone's turned the clock back on him...with each passing day, he's getting more mentally retarded until he's as childish as-..." He covered his mouth and became silent, though his surprise of his own words soon faded as he was overcome by a loud yawn.
"Still...a normal person would have accepted the no beer policy already"
There was a thunderous noise as the door swung open. Suffice to say, Sai had been correct, for there was Pyro.
"Normal?! I AM NORMAL!" He began a long rant of impossible to understand blabbering, suddenly halting to stare at Barnelby, who waved, with his stump.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:52 pm

"Yeah. I guess that counts." He smiled, rain dripping down his face making his hair stick to his skin. "Though it would be better to turn in early tonight. Walking in this weather will do us no good." Blinking through the haze that the rain had caused, looking for somewhere to stop. Well anywhere with a warm fire, but with buildings refusing to show themselves, he reluctantly accepted that they would most likely be camping.

--

Sai blinked at him as he stopped talking.
"Did you forget who Barnelby is? Pyro this is Barney." She gestured to the goggled boy. "Though normal? You have got to be kidding."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:49 pm

"Camping on wet earth will do us no good either" Kage called back, he admired the determination displayed by M, who didn't wish to be outdone by his brother, but acknowledge the desire to rest.
"Can we just sleep in a tree?" Dennai asked, at least he would be suspended above the ground, and sheltered by leaves, how could it go wrong?
"We'll rest Dennai, but preferably not in a tree..."

--

Pyro's wide eyes could barely bring themselves to look away from what should have been a normal, functioning arm.
"His-...his...but...arm- gone...where-" He began to laugh, at first it was the occasional outburst, but it soon turned into a hysterical mess, sliding to the floor to clutch his head, the sight was somewhat spectacular from where Barnelby sat. He couldn't help but look back down at the stump and grin wickedly, he felt a sense of triumph but also one of pity, did Pyro truly deserve such torment?
Upon rethinking the situation, the conclusion was simple.
Yes, yes he did.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:16 pm

"Not listening in on others conversation would do you good as well." He called back. "Besides, I never said anything about sleeping on wet earth." He grinned, wiping away the rain that trickled down his face.

--

Refusing to let the growing smirk form on her lips, she stared at Pyro in bemusement instead. It was a fairly good sight to see, especially as it had been so easy to make him fall to pieces. Not that she was planning to give up, he had taken advantage of her last night and he was sure as hell going to pay for it. Tilting her head to the left, she made one of her ears flop over halfway.
"Pyro, what the hell is wrong with you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 28 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devouring midnight
Page 28 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 36 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay :: Devouring Midnight-
Jump to: