Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Insanity

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Kana silently thanked the gods that Koda was kidding about swimming, she didn't know what to expect with this girl. She followed behind her, "I suppose I should rephrase that. All the major house holds of kitsune are related somehow. They all started off as one family, long long ago. They broke into different clans because of in fighting and so on. My clan and my husbands clan were two of the most powerfull. He is actually my fifth cousin twice removed. Not closly related at all, but still sorta unsetteling if you think about it." She laughed. "It's still quite possible that the ones you met were related to me somehow. When the family broke off into clans, some left the area, not wanting to be bothered with the rest of us."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:29 am

"Undertandable." She murmured crossing the bridge to the other side. "After all, if one of your race become particullary vicious towards one another where would you turn? You would end up selling each other out in a bid to protect your family. Things like that are envitable. So I guess it's easier to leave, branch out if you will." She paused, running her fingers over the damp oak. "Please don't be offended. I know what I mean, but it's often hard to get the words out in the right order."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Kana followed the girl across the bridge, glancing down at the water below. Big mistake. A sudden wave of virtago hit her and she had to rebalance or fall. Once she hit the opposit shore she paused, staring at the unmoving ground.

"No offense taken. I understand what you're trying to say, and even if I didn't, it's true. We fight and fight. We fight for power, for safety, for land, hell we fight out of sheer boredom. I hate it. I've been fighting for as long as I can remember. That's when they first announced the arranged marriage, I went along with it. It's usually the only way to stop fighting betwen two warring clans." She sighed, "Of course I had no idea the kind of man they wanted me to marry. Sometimes I wish I was born into one of the branch clans, that maybe my life would of been more peaceful. But then I think that they have the same blood as us, however distant it may be now, and they probably war just as much. Who knows though? Maybe they met some "wild" kitsune and it bred the violance out. I know we can breed with humans as well, but humans are violent by nature, I cant see how breeding with them would make us more peaceful creatures."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Koda stared at the girl for a full minute, twining her fingers into the ivory locks that framed her face.
"You seem to be mistaken. True humans are insolent, violent, pretentious snobs. But they have the biggest hearts I have ever witnessed. Only a human would run into a burning building to save a creature not even of it's own species and then proceed to raise it if it has nowhere else to turn to. They will tend to it and keep it healthy and try their hardest to erase their own mistakes and prejudices from said creature. I cannot say I've seen that amount of love or compassion from another species. Sure the elves would patch you up, give you a home but you are never truly one of them and for that they shun you."
Koda took a breath, the unusual amount of talking making her head buzz slightly. Massaging her temples she continued. "If you want to see the wilder kitsune I can take you. There's a small village not far from here and they are accustomed to me passing through as I often do whilst trying to rid the town of guards. I'm sure they won't mind you if you're traveling with me."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 pm

"I've sadly never gotten to experience that side of humans. I've seen them protect others, but out of duty, not kindness. The only humans I've met were swindlers and horrible creatures that used others for their own ends, save a few. There were maybe a handfull of humans who actually seemed to care, but again, I don't know if that was out of duty or their own true feelings." Kana looked down, biting her thumbnail in a nervous jesture. As soon as she realised what she was doing she immediatly moved her hands behind her back. She had been hit more then once as a child for that "disgusting" habbit.

"I'm sorry. It appears we have both lived in very different worlds. I keep feeling like I'm saying all the wrong things to you. That i'm going to make you upset. The world I grew up in was a world of luxeury and privilage, mixed with war and infighting and cruel acts and decite. The people I lived with cared only about their own continued existance. Their pure blood powers. How many tails you were born with. Trivial things..." She trailed off.

Kana bit her lip instead of her nail now. To see the wild kitsune? Her O'baachan had told her stories about feral people of her species. People who would rape and murder their kind just because of who they were. But 'baachan seemed to be wrong about a great many things. And she was no longer a part of that world. She ceased to be one of them when she poisoned her husband and ran away. She couldn't come back until he was dead and she took over his clan. She was begining to wonder if she ever wanted to come back.

"Take me to them. I would love to see how others of my species live. It would be nice to see others like me who don't live in my world." She paused, thinking back on what the girl said earlier, "And when you said they don't look like me...I'm rare. Only the females of my clan, and no other clan to my knowledge, have the blood red hair, pale skin, and black eyes. My brother had black hair and hazel eyes, as did my father, and my husband has whiteish silver hair and orange eyes, with tan skin. My sister and mother, even my 'bachaan, their hair is almost black with red tints to it, like old blood. Only I have hair like fresh spilt blood. There was some ledgend about the child with eyes like night and hair like fresh blood, but they never told it to me. I just know much was expected from me, and I think I dissapointed them." Kana finishe with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Bowing her head Koda began to walk in the opposite direction to where they were previously heading.
"It seems we do live in separate worlds. I was born into a simple family with my brother. Both my parents where killed in a raid. I had to raise my brother from the age of ten, I taught him how to control his temper and master sword wielding, when he began to show signs of being able to manipulate elements I taught him how to control that without killing himself. We were taken in by the Dalish elves until I turned twelve and he turned eleven. When we left the camp, we wandered the lands. The world began to change, so we retreated deeper into the forest. No luxuries just what we needed to survive. He was mauled to death by wolves two years ago. Only a few months later I was captured and forced into slavery. I was no longer able to use my skills, most neko's can control any element they wish. My hand were bound at all times to stop me from burning the house to the ground. However another slave caught wind and burned the place down herself. I was trapped inside. A human came back for me, nursed me back to health and let me go. He was a higher up. He didn't have to risk his life for me and I know he suffered burns. But he did anyway. That's why I respect them."
She cast a smile to the girl, unsure of why she had told her some of her past. But not minding that she knew. "It takes a lot to upset me, so don't feel the need to tiptoe. I won't force you to believe what I believe. I'm merely telling you what I know of them."

She paused for a moment, climbing over a small log which lay across the pathway. "I suggest you hold your tongue. Don't say anything to offend them. I do not wish to fight or cause death upon people who have suffered so many hardships. My advice is to not bring up the differance within your clans."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:00 am

Kana turned to follow Koda, secretly excited to meet others of her kind who weren't stuck up and full of themselves. She listened intently to Koda's story, hanging onto every word. Would she go in a burning building to save a complete stranger? A slave at that? Well, yes. The fire wouldn't do anything to her, except maybe singe her clothes, but what if someone was, say, drowning? She was a strong swimmer, but even then, she feared the water. Could she get over her fear to save a stranger? Then bring them into her home? She just didn't know. She would swim if need be, but each time she entered the water she nearly had a panic attack. Dispite the hard life the girl infront of her had, she envyed her. She had encountered the good in people, all Kana had experianced was the evil side, full of greed and want.
She couldn't do anything but smile in return at the neko's own. She believed it was the first time she saw the girl geninuly smile. "That's good to know. It actually takes a lot to upset me as well. My biggest problem is worrying about upsetting someone else." She laughed, "I know, it's kinda backwards. I honestly hope I get to meet someone similar to the person you spoke of one day. He sounds like an amazing person."
Kana stoped on top of the log Koda had just climbed over. "Just because I'm from a damn near "royal" " she made finger quotes, "family, i'm not stupid." She laughed. "Believe me, I'm a pro at holding my tongue when need be. If I couldn't, I probably would of been dead long before now. Of course, I also have a habit of speaking my mind around others, but I wouldn't do that when first meeting people like we're about to." She smiled at Koda, jumping down. "Do me a favor though. If i'm being to quiet, let me know. I have a tendancy of just sitting silently in the background until I completely assess a situation, and I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to get used to this."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:22 am

"It's not backwards to worry about hurting someones feelings. It's a good quality so you shouldn't try to hide it." Looping her hair behind her ear, she thought for a moment. "You might actually know him...He came from the north like you, well I assume you're northern because of your complexion. He was called Darius. That's all I really know, I passed out before I could ask him anything else."
She tapped her lip with her finger as she thought, listening to Kana at the same time. It would be possible that he knew her. After all if this girl truly was royalty, he would no doubt have some form of contact with her family.
"If you wish to assess then by all means do so. They won't think ill of you for keeping quiet. Probably put it down to nervousness. Though you should prepare yourself for a lot of questioning. They don't get many visitors."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:50 pm

She went over the name in her mind, Darius, Darius... "You're correct with your assumption that I'm from the north. The Clans live near the mountains there. I guess the pale white skin kinda gives it away, doesn't it?" She blushed. "And to be honest, because of my station in the Clans, I met hundreds of people. I'm good with faces, but not some much with names. I have a photographic memory, so once I see someone, I can describe them back to you down to their last freckle, but names...I heard so many names. They all kinda blur together." She added sheepishly.
"I'm sure I'll recognise him if we ever formally met when I see him. There is a chance that if he's from the north he may know of me, but I may not of met him. Twice a year, either my clan or my husbands clan held a banquet and ball. It was tideus and everyone was overly polite, yet they tried to show each other up. They were all fake. Everyone thought I was shy because I hardly spoke at them, when in reality I was just trying to hold my tongue and not yell at everyone who walked by. I mean, who cares how many slaves you have? Or how many riches you have amased in the past six months? Seriously! My kin never kept slaves, we had servents. People who were paid, and well kept, and could come and go as they pleased, and could quit if they chose. I never understood why some of the other clans kept slaves. It's cruel. People are people, not property. I also found they do a much better job when you compensate them well, and they are happy..." Kana stoped there. "I'm sorry. The slavery issue always gets me upset. My husband's clan was a big one for keeping slaves, and he use to force me to go to the market and buy them. I hated it. I tried to treat them with respect, like the people they were. I even became close friends with one. That ended tragically. After that is when I did what I did."
She bit her thumb nail again, thinking. When she realised what she was doing she quickly clasped her hands behind her back, "I don't mind questions. I'm terribly honest though, and sometimes I can be quite blunt. I do hope I don't offend anyone..." She paused, "Why did you pass out? If you don't mind me asking. If you don't want to speak of it, forget I asked." She added quickly.
She chewed her bottom lip, "I have to confess something. I'm really nervous. I know how to deal with the kitsune of the clans, but as you know, I've never met one who didn't fawn all over me and treat me like some kinda princess. Some treasure that could break, but was the key to everything in their lives. My whole life, I have had people trying to impress me. I hated it. I wanted nothing more then for people to be themselves around me, of course, the first one to be themself was my husband..." She frowned. "Maybe that's why I'm nervous. But you seem to be a good judge of charecter, and if you trust them enough to go to them...well, I guess, I trust you. Not completely, and that's not meant to be offensive, I just don't trust anyone completely. But I trust you more then I've trusted anyone else before. You're honest, and somewhat blunt. I like that." Kana said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Koda shrugged lightly. "He kept a mask over his face, so I saw nothing of him. I only know his name because after I left I heard there was an uproar that King Hiyal's son Darius had gone missing. He returned the same day I left. He was also living in the home I was. It doesn't take much to put two and two together. Otherwise I would describe him, I understand if you can't put a name to a face. I meet about seventy new people a year tops so it's far easier for me."
She listened to Kana's outburst about slavery with interest before continuing.
"Surely it would be better to put those words into actions. Things cannot be changed by saying, but by doing as well. If we all complained but did nothing to influence change...well most people would still be in severe poverty. I understand that you did not want to anger your husband in any way. He sounds like a despicable man, but I suppose personally I would go around trying to get others out of their position and allow myself to take the consequences. However I cannot say I would do that if I had not first hand experienced a slaves life. If I had lived in decadence I would more than likely try and maintain that position and not care for any other being. The world is an odd place."
For a moment she considered asking Kana what she had done, but quickly decided against it. She reasoned with herself that the truth would come out sooner or later and it was better not to pry, but to answer the question she had been asked instead.
"I don't know why I passed out. Whether it be heat, exhaustion, pain. I can recollect next to nothing. Just a kind voice and warm arms. That's it."

She remained silent for a few minutes running the new question in her mind before speaking again.
"Be yourself. If you put up a front they will rip it open and leave you exposed for all too see. However if you present yourself as you are there is nothing to expose. I thank you for the minor trust you've placed in me." She replied with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:52 am

"I see." Kana replied quietly to the girls explination of this Darius man. It peaked her curiosity even more. She really wanted to meet him now.

As she listened to Koda speak of how she should put her feelings and words into action she first became angry, then sad. How could this girl know that she had tried to do just that? Then it dawned on her. "Koda, I need to show you something." She said solemly, grabbing the girls arm tentivily. She let go and turned her back to the neko, pulling the back of her shirt up to her neck. Ragged, angry looking claw marks scared her back, leaving deep furrows in her pale flesh. "I tried to stand up to him. I had no fear of angering him, actually it was one of my hobbies," she laughed sadly, "I'm going to be honest. At first I didn't do a damn thing about him having slaves. I just excepted it. As far as I know, my clan was the only one who didn't keep slaves, so it wasn't that odd. But then I saw how he treated them...I still didn't stand up to him for quite some time. I'm tiny, as you can tell, and he was much larger and stronger then I was. I was afraid. One day he snapped and beat the captain of my guard to death. I was away when it happened, but when I returned...I lost it. All the man had done was have a relationship with another slave. That's not a crime. He was a good man, kind and strong, willing to sacrifice his life for my safety. It started as an arguement, but it soon escilated into physical violence. Kitsune have amazing healing abilities, this is all that's left of what he did to me." She paused, feeling the marks. "My spine was showing through here. One of my lungs were collapsed, I had a ruptured appendix, broken wrist, fractured leg, ribs, and cheek bone...He almost killed me." She let her shirt drop back in to place, turning back to the other girl. "I'm not telling you this for pity. I just felt like you had to know that I didn't stand by and do nothing. I tired to confront him, and was attacked just as bad, or worse, then the slaves were. I still wonder to this day if I could of done something more..." She frowned at this, going over scenarios in her mind. "That wasn't the only time he beat me for standing up to him, it was just the worst. Don't get me wrong, at first I was a coward, afraid of losing everything. I was pampered and spoiled, I know this. But it finally got to the point where I couldn't watch living beings being treated like that anymore."

Kana began walking again, "I don't know what made him the way he is. I've never met a more violent person in my life. Even before I started rebelling against him he use to smack me around when he was in a bad mood." She smiled sadly, "I pity him. To have that much anger...He lives a sad life. I don't know why he detested me so much. Actually that's a lie. I do know why. I just didn't know until I left. I'm more powerful then him. I have more tails then he does." Kana grinned.

"I'm glad that someone found you. You're a good person, who's been through more then anyone deserves to go through in their life. And I will be myself. I don't know how to be anything else. It just sucks that myself is so awakward." She laughed, embarassed.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 am

Koda reached out her index finger, about to touch the grooves in her skin before withdrawing her hand. Clenching it into a fist.
"I understand." She said, keeping her face carefully expressionless. "We're nearly there now. About another five minutes maybe." She added, jumping over a small puddle, the murky water shimmering in the sunlight. "You said you were from the north right?" She thought for a moment, recalling the injuries Kana had listed off to her. "I wouldn't worry about your husband for a while, you're safe down here. As if someone of his stature would come to t he slums."

The trees around them began to slowly thin out into a clearing, two torches held by brackets were fixed to grand oak, illuminating the shadows.
"Ready?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:13 am

Kana followed, stepping around the puddle instead of jumping over it. She smiled at the girl, "Thank you. You're probably right of course. He wouldn't even go into the nearest town. He always sent me or some of the house slaves, not wanting to be associated with "their kind". But it's always a fear in the back of my mind. I don't know what he might do if he's angry enough. There are also those who would do anything for the right amount of money. They shouldn't be to hard to deal with, as long as they're male." She smiled slyly. She realised Koda probably took that the wrong way, and would of explained, when she suddenly saw the entrance.
Kana took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "Let's do this." She said with a nod.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 am

Koda shrugged.
"Whatever keeps you safe." She replied, stepping into the confinements of the rather small camp. Roughly eight tent were dotted around a huge fire which had diminished into nothing but embers. "Only six of these tents are occupied, one is for medical and the other is a spare for people who pass through."
She looked around the seemingly deserted camp, almost falling to the ground when a heavy weight hit her back.
"You said you wouldn't be back until next year!" The weight squeaked, tightening the grip around Koda's neck.
"Lissa. Let go. Can't breathe." She gasped, thankful when the strangulation slackened and the weight dropped from her back.
"Who's your friend?" Lissa asked, staring at Kana. Who was slightly unusual herself for a Kitsune. Black tresses merged into deep purple tips, complemented by large green optics. "She's not from around here is she?"
"No." Koda replied. "We hit it off on the wrong foot and in return for my wrong actions I offered to take her around the forest."
"Ohhh." Lissa held out her hand to Kana, a wide smile on her face. "Name's Melissa, Lissa or Lissy. You can choose which one you prefer. How long do you plan on staying? I can ask mama to get the tent ready."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:56 am

"It's not what you think...I'll explaine it later." Kana muttered, smiling sheepishly. She glanced around at the tents Koda pointed out, jumping then forcing herself to stiffle a giggle as a young kitsune tackled Koda from behind. She had never seen another of her kind with hair like that, the black and purple was stunning.

Kana took the girls hand, smiling in return. How could she not smile when the girl was grinning widely? "Hello Lissa, I'm Kana. It's an honor to meet you." She said, adopting the nick name Koda had used. She was being completely truthfull, it was an honor to meet the girl. So rarely did she meet someone who just seemed to radiate joy.

She looked a question at Koda, "Well hun, I'm not really sure. You would have to ask Koda about that." She added with a gentle smile. It honestly didn't even cross her mind that these people may invite them to sleep there for that night, let alone longer.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:06 pm

"Thank you Miss, it's an honor to meet you too."
The girl pouted for a moment, crossing her arms across her chest.
You will stay! Mama's been very worried about you. She wants you to stop killing the guards in the town. She says that you may not come back one day..." She trailed off, looking down at the ground. Koda gripped her shoulder lightly.
"We'll stay for the night if it makes you happy and I promise I'll come back, when have I ever broken a promise Liss? Go tell Rylla we're here okay?" She told her in a soft tone, letting her shoulder go. She turned back to Kana as Melissa ran into one of the tents. "You would never believe she was thirteen." She said with a sigh, but unable to wipe the smile off her face. "Not too many people live here, ten tops and they're all related in some way, unless they marry from the neighbouring clan."

Koda stretched, rubbing her neck where she had been pounced on.
"Are you okay?" She asked Kana.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:25 pm

"I would of never guessed." Kana agrees with Koda in a whisper.

"Are you okay?" Koda asks. Kana looks up at the other girl, still smiling softly. "Yes. I believe I am. I know I am if they're all like Lissa." She laughed slightly. "I think the little one has adopted you a a big sister." She gazes at the sky for a moment, "I miss my sister. If this place is as pleasent as it seems, I would give anything for her to grow up here then with the clans. Maybe she would have a chance at being a child, and not a pawn."

She glanced around, not seeing anyone in their vacinity, "Oh and the comment about males...I can enchant males, of any species, and get them to do my bidding. It was something I inhareted at birth with the curse of being born with nine tails. Of course, the men have to be weak minded, or they can break free easily, but most who would take money to kidnap someone are not the brightest and best. They're usually thugs. All I have to do is make eye contact, and tell them to leave, that they never saw me, and everything will be fine." She whispered, not wanting to speak of her tails or gifts to loud. If they asked, she would not lie, but she didn't want to just blurt out her problems to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:37 pm

"Maybe in time you can get her out. I know this place would be very pleased to have her and I'll be more than willing to pull a few strings with some people I've met. Although they're all pretty low down in the social status we've been able to get some big things to change. But they're not all as happy-go-lucky as Liss is. She chooses to see the good in people and nothing more. Some of the elders are more skeptical. But personally I would kill to only see the good and not be blinded by the evilness of a soul."
She walked to the centre of the camp, sitting on a large log which rested beside the dull glowing fire. Poking it lightly she encouraged it to come back to life, flames slowly creeping up the sides of dry wood and leaves, it began to relish the fuel, like an animal without food. Within a few minutes it had turned into a full blown blaze. "Around here it doesn't matter how many tails you have. You are judged on who you are as a person. I know some here only have one, another has nine, just like you. It doesn't make them any better, having accepted this is the reason they can live in content. Still being able to manipulate thugs must be fun." She grinned. "After all it's nothing more than they deserve."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 pm

"To get her out would be the only reason I would go back there right now. Eventually I have to go back, I have to settle things, but I'm not ready for that yet. It will be a war. But I would sneak back now to free my baby sister, if I had somewhere safe to take her. As much as I hate some of those people, she's to young to live on the run like me." She smiled, "And honestly I didn't expect everyone to be like Lissa. Life makes you jaded, no matter who you are. It's only natural that the elders would be skeptical of people."

She followed Koda to the log next to the fire, wrapping her arms around her knees. She stared into the flames, as if there was nothing else in the world, while she listened to the other girl talk. She ended up grinning back at Koda, "It is fun, I'm not gonna lie. It comes in very handy with escaping guards too. I never did understand why it only worked on men though." She mused. "I know you said the number of tails don't matter here, but I'm kinda impressed that there is someone here with nine tails. I guess it comes from the way I was raised. I never judged people by the amount of tails they were born with, it never crossed my mind to do so. I know everyone was impressed and fearfull of the fact that I had nine tails, and the only other kitsune I met with nine tails was my grandmother, the leader of my clan. The rest of my clan had eight. Even my husband only had eight. The number of tails was a sign of status, which always amused me. It was something you had no control over. The amount of tails wasn't a judge of your charecter, just a symbol of how powerful you could be." She stoped, smiling wistfully. "My grandmother was terrifyingly powerfull. Suposidly I could be too, but I've never tried to use my powers to the same extent she did." She waved her hands, "Sorry, off track. What I was getting at is even though I'm impressed that there is someone else here with nine tails, only because I've only met one other, the number of tails someone has doesnt effect how I judge them. I try to judge people on their actions, not on something they had no choice in."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:15 pm

"The one with nine tail is Damian. He's the medic here and uses the 'Greater power' as you call it to help heal the people that pass through here. He's pretty good. I owe him my life several times, especially if you're in my line of work-" She cut herself off realising she had said to much. Scrambling for another topic to talk about she was relieved when Lissa arrived at the fire.
"Mama says that she has the tent ready, but she wants the elders to meet the new girl just h'incase she's a spy, even though I told her there was nothing to worry about she insisted." She clarified with a sigh, flopping onto the partially burned grass. "I hope you're not mean. I do like you."
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 pm

She narrowed her eyes at the neko's last comment, but let it slide. "I guess that would be a good way to use the power. Most of the kitsune I know could care less about healing others. It was a neko that healed me."
Kana looked at the little girl, who in reality wasn't that much younger then herself. Was she ever that happy and trusting? No. No she wasn't. She smiled at the girls words, expecting nothing less of this group of people. "I'm not a spy, I promise. I wouldn't lie to you, I'm not very good at lying. It's okay that they want to meet me, they just want to keep you safe."
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:57 pm

A tall willowy woman stepped from the nearest tent. Melissa hurried to ensure her hair was covering her left eye and immediatly looked at the ground. Rylla looked Kana once over before nodding.
"You're not threat." She concluded, before settling on the ground, unaware of the small crowd gathering around the outskirts of the fire.
"So can she stay too mama? She's to pretty to sleep in the forest and there's bad stuff in there..."
Rylla nodded again, before standing to leave.
"Goodnight. I hope you have a pleasant sleep." She told them both, before returning to the tent she had previously occupied. The crowd slowly dispersed, only an eager few taking seat around the fire themselves.
Koda reached across the fire and gave Lissa a quick hug.
"Go bed. I promise to be here when you wake up. Don't let her get to you." She reminded her. Melissa nodded, standing quickly and heading for her tent.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Kana looked up at the woman who came from the tent, seeing how Lissa's whole demenor changed when the woman stepped out. It reminded her of how people acted around her grandmother, which kind of made her dislike the woman. Just a bit.
Her eyes went wide when the woman declared she was no threat, without even speaking to her. This was followed by a slight blush when the girl said she was to pretty to sleep in the woods.
"Thank you." She mumbled, bowing her head to the woman. She didn't like how she instantly reverted back to how she acted around her clan head, but she supposed it wasn't a bad thing. At least she reverted to being polite...
She watched the girl head to her tent, taking in Koda's words to the girl. She filed them away, thinking to find out later. "Well, that was easy." She mumbled, looking at the neko beside her.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Koda ruffled her hair lightly, a sheepish smile on her face.
"You wish it was that easy. I guess you might not believe me if I said she now knows your darkest innermost secrets? The pain from having yourself exposed like that will happen in say..thirty seconds? It won't kill you and it will only last a minute. But that minute will feel like an hour to you." Letting the guilt she felt surface on her face, she squeezed Kana's hand apologetically. "It happens to everyone new. But feel free to hit me afterwards." She began to mentally countdown the last few seconds.
Five

Four

Three

Two

One.
Back to top Go down
Vi-sama
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Vi-sama

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:39 am

((OOC: Okay I know this is long as hell...but yeah. You know me XP))

"What are you..." she never finished her sentence. She gripped Koda's hand tightly as the world went black, shot through with pain. It felt like she was falling, but she couldn't be sure anymore.

She was three, kneeling infront of her grandmother, her brother at her side. Grandmother was yelling at her in a different language. She couldn't understand, but she knew she did something wrong. The older woman stood, the air crackling with electricity around her. A hard slap to the face and Kana was on her back, confused. "O'baachan stop! She is your heir! She is the child of legend! Please stop!" It was her brother. He stood between her and her grandmother, arms stretched wide. Her brother was also on the ground now, eyes wide. "Dete koi!" The woman shouted, the celing of the room growing dark. Her brother scooped her up, running from the room. "I hate you sometimes, why were you born?"

She was knocked into a wall, the world spinning as her head hit it. She was six. "Why were you with that low-class one tailed brat? I told you not to hang around them! You are bringing shame on the Michiko clan!" She ducked just in time to avoid the vase that smashed into the wall, crystal raining down on her. "Mama, I like him, he's nice! He's my friend..." She saw her brother smirking at her from the doorway, knowing what was coming next. Her mother came for her, backhanding her across the face. In a panic, she transformed, becoming a nine-tailed red fox, darting between her mothers legs. Her brother transformed as well, becoming an eight-tailed black fox. Her brother was faster, larger. Fangs sunk into the nape of her neck, causing her to yelp in pain, twisting and bareing her fangs at her kin. He bit down harder, causing her to go limp, and carried her back to their mother.

A party. All the clans were there. It was her birthday. She was eight. She was sitting next to her grandmother when one of the servents announced a new arrival. "Lord Akio Nakamura, head of the Nakamura clan." She stared at the man with silvery white hair and orange eyes. She noted how odd it was that his ears wern't the same color as his hair, they were a deep burnt orange. He bows infront of her grandmother. "Thank you for inviting me, Rida Michiko. This must be the little princess everyone speaks so highly of." He says, turning and smiling at Kana. She blushes at the attention.

Her mother again. It was after the party. She was drunk and on the rampage. Kana took the beating like she always did, until her mother began to choke her. She was against the wall, her mothers cool, slender fingers around her neck, when something changed. It was as if something ignited in her. She was done with this, she didn't have to take this...The room errupted in sickly green flames. Her mother's eyes went wide, grasp slipping from her throat. "Kana, what have you done?" She whispered in a fearfull tone to her daughter. Kana stared at her mother, her own black eyes filled with the green fox fire. "You will not touch me again. Ever. Dete koi!" She yelled at the end, collapsing to her knees. The flames intesified. She didn't want to harm her mother. She yelled for her to get out again, but she just sat there in shock. Kana squeezed her eyes tightly shut, rocking back and forth. She couldn't control it. Hands on her shoulders, stoping the rocking. "Magomusume, you must calm down. The flames will not stop until you calm down." a gentle voice. Her grandmother. Her grandmother had never spoken kindly to her.

War. The Nakamura clan declared war on the Michiko clan. All the clans took a side. "It's time to fight Kana." Her fathers voice. She walked through the battlefield like death itself. Anyone she looked at went up in green flames. Great storms filled the sky, wind and rain battering everyone but her and her grandmother, lightning striking people down. Her brother was fighting Akio. His sword went into the silver haired lords chest to the hilt. She turned away to deal with someone else when she heard the worst noise in her life. She turned back to see Akio's clawed fingers tear her brothers throat out, crimson liquid pouring down her brothers pale skin. Kana fell to her knees, the battle forgotten.

A truce. She was to marry the very man who killed her brother. Since he was the ruler of his clan, and she was just heir, she went to live with him. She saw first hand how cruel he was to people. She was alone with him, pinned to the bed by his weight, mouth bleeding. "You are my weapon now." She spit blood into his face, "I'm no one's weapon." He smiles, wiping the blood off, then licking it off her face, "You know that's a lie. You've been a pawn in this game since your conception. Checkmate."

She had been sent to the market. It was odd. Normally Akio wouldn't let her out of his sight. She was happy though. She met her new baby sister. She was beautiful, happy. She feared for her sister though. No one was there to protect her. Her happyness was short lived. She returned to find the captain of her guard dead, a crumpled mess of blood and flesh on the floor. She heard the sound of a bull whip in the slaves wing, and ran. Her best friend, a neko slave girl, was sagging in restraints, back a bloody mess. She couldn't even tell if she was still alive. She had been the captains betrothed. "What have you done? Akio! Have you lost your mind?!" Kana screamed, tearing the whip out of her own fiancee's hands. "They overstepped their bounds. They were mine to do with as I wish. Dispose of as I wish." He said, voice calm. Kana smacked him. This was returned by a fist to her stomach, doubleing her over in pain. She didn't care about the treaty anymore. Flames filled her eyes again, then the room. "Are you going to try to burn me alive little one? You're too cute." He laughed, grabbing her chin. She didn't remember much of what happened next.

Six months to heal, longer then any before her. She still had claw marks down her back that ached when she moved the wrong way. It was her wedding day. The cerimony was regal. Royalty was getting married afterall. She sat in her room waiting for Akio to come. She had angered him earlier in the day...but she angered him a lot. She had poisoned the wine. She had already taken an antidote. The woman who had nursed her back to life, she had given it to her. "This is what happens when you treat people like toys." she whispered. It took much longer then she would of liked for the drugs to kick in. She didn't even know if they would really kill him. She climbed quietly out of the bed, body sore, and grabbed the bag she had under her vanity. She turned back to her husband once more, "Good night sweet prince, may you rot in hell." and climbed out the window.

When Kana came to she was on the ground, curled into a ball. Her eyes were full of tears. It felt as if every old physical wound had been brought to the surface. She looked up at Koda, rage coursing through her. Her eyes filled with those green flames again, and it took everything in her to push the urge to burn the camp and everyone in it to the ground back. She sat up, taking a deep breath, and punched Koda in the gut. "You did say I could hit you. I wanted to punch you in the face, but thought better of it at the last second. Why the hell didn't you tell me that was going to happen before we came here?!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insanity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity   Insanity - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insanity
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay-
Jump to: