Dark Nightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Nightmares

where the darkest of desires take shape, or where the worst nightmares are born

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Starboard Messenger
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Devouring midnight
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Simplicity.
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Siren's Song
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Insanity
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm by Ambyrawrawr

» Trophy Life
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:42 pm by Šāγŭм¡

» Lena Zoia [Human/Yuki-Onna
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am by LenaZoia

» Tene (The Hand Girl)
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm by Guest

» Sanctuary: Simple and Clean
Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm by Ambyrawrawr

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 am

Devouring midnight

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

Devouring midnight - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:44 am

"I...I am now Haru..." She whispered, settling herself down, glad of his warmth.
She doubted her ability to sleep, all concept of dreaming lost to the ever growing presence of her exposed nightmare which she feared she would return to if she surrendered herself to sleep. Yet Haru was there, to keep the nightmares away, no matter how terrifying.

--------

The house was perfectly heated, with the turning of four seperate dials Kage had heated the water, released a delightful fog around the mansion, thwarting unwanted spying, and had heated each and every room to perfection.
M had fallen asleep twice in the shower, resulting in Kage having to assist him in washing his hair and difficult to reach places. He had fallen asleep again once dry and dressed, left to his own devices while Kage gave the daily tasks to the multiple servants who came to wish him good morning as he read through his unwanted post, letters from families of those he had personally silenced, not that he cared.
He himself had cooked breakfast, though it was still a deep blue outside, not quite the dawning hours in which most would wake. The soup was thick and full of vegetables and meat, a hearty meal though he himself did not hunger for it, he would drain some of the water from it later and feast upon that, lumps did not go well with his diet.
The first extra face at the table, was not M.
It was a boy, much younger than Kage or M. At only fourteen he had been gifted almost angelic features, his olive skin did not match or resemble the pale skin Kage wore, yet his deep blue eyes seemed so similar to those of the demon red.
"Morning Den" Kage uttered, stirring the thick substance, three bowls already set out across the table.
"Mornin Kage" The boy yawned, rubbing at his tired eyes, focussing on the third bowl.
"Do we have a guest?" He asked, ruffling his blue and black locks.
"We do...but he won't be staying long I shouldn’t think..."
"Who is it?" The boy tilted his head, hearing a new presence enter the cosy kitchen, a glimmer of recognition passing his expression.
"M?!"
"...Dennai?" Both regarded each other with surprise before the boy leaped from his chair and flung himself into the man's chest.
"What are you doing here?!" M exclaimed, surprise so evident in his features he looked as though his eyes may fall out.
"I look after him now, M" Kage replied over his shoulder.
"Wait...why do you-" He was cut short as Kage turned, bringing the steaming pot to the table where he proceeded to dish out an equal portion for the two, leaving his own bowl empty.
"Dennai's mother was killed, she could no longer protect him from Lorentai and thus, he had nowhere to go, so, I allowed him to stay here"
"...for how long?"
"Three years now...sound about right Den?"
"Four in two weeks..." The young Dennai answered, hopping back into his seat, snatching up his spoon.
"There you go, he's been with me for four years...Eat your soup M"
M took his seat opposite from Dennai, picking up his spoon, taking a sip of the unbelievably delicious liquid.
Kage returned with a full bowl, minus any vegetable or meat he had cooked with it.
The boy ate his portion heartily, being treated to seconds while M struggled to finish taking in so much solid and healthy food.
"What about when we leave?" M asked, looking back over to the now worried boy.
"Y-you’re leaving?" His eyes darted between the two.
"No...No we're not, Dennai, don't worry"
"But you said-!" He was silence once more as Kage brought a finger to his lips, timing had been everything, and now, the boy's head was drooping, eventually meeting the table with a soft bump.
"You...you drugged him?" M sounded surprised but received a light shrug from his twin.
"The dose only lasts a few hours, I can't have him getting himself into danger"
He stood, quietly padding over to the boy who was slipping from his seat, catching him at the last moment, lifting him into his arms.
"Then why not ask him to just stay home?"
"He's our brother M, do you really think he's likely to just...stay at home? Gien the choice?" He rose a brow, taking the boy through a corridor to a narrow set of stairs, leading into a hidden series of doors, one of which was half open. Dennai's room.
He took the boy over to him recently occupied bed, tucking him in gently before blacking out the room, and locking the boy within it.
"Now, it looks as though it's time to leave" He uttered, the kitchen window allowing the first rays of sunlight to peer through.
"...Then let's go..." Kage and M departed together, something neither had done for many years, still falling into step in unison.

After several hours of running, they finally came upon the sleeping pair.

-------------

Alton sighed, bowing his head.
"I think I might prefer being shot than walking in like this..." He muttered angry words, padding along at an awkward pace, Pyro constantly making reference to how easily Alton had been tamed. If only Alton could tear him to shreds and save himself the earache.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:01 am

"So early..." He murmured, pressing his face into her hair, inhaling lightly."You 'wake Albie?"
Rubbing his eyes, he opened them with a struggle trying to ignore the raging pain in his throat. Rubbing the now scarred skin, he looked up, the two looming figures standing over them.
"M? And another M?" He narrowed his eyes in confusion, before panic displayed on his face. "Holy fuck, wake up!" He yelled to himself, squeezing his eyes shut. "One M is bad enough, why did I conjure up two?"

--

She leaned forwards on his back, smiling to herself.
"You know I love you really Altie and ignore Pyro, he's not hard to tame himself." She turned and smirked at Pyro as the local tavern came into sight.
"At least you can drown out this memory in booze." She stated to Alton.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ambyrawrawr
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:45 am

M just stared, mouth agape, eye twitching with growing annoyance while Kage snickered to his left.
"My my M, you do leave an impression on your companions"
But his amusement quickly faded and he sighed, shaking his head.
"You're not seeing things boy, and I will respectfully ask you to never mistake me for my fat fuck of a brother" His hand came up to grab M's fist as he threw a Punch, hoping to silence him.
"Now now M, if you cared you'd stop with the junk food and eat properly" He returned him his fist and stepped over to the two.
"So this is my sister..." He muttered, seeing through to the distinct hollowness that had befallen the girl.
"What a mess." She simply stared up at him, eyes still heavy with tiredness she struggled to stay awake.
"Who are you...if not M?"
"Kage, remember it because I will not tolerate being mistaken again" He lifted her into his arms and turned, already heading back the way they had come.
"...Jerk" M hissed, lifting Haru onto his shoulder, following after Kage.
Though he had yet to ask how they'd managed to escape.

--

The thought didn't help him to crawl closer to his imminent doom. Knowing that is would be impossible to escape without having any remaining confidence laughed away made him dread entering.
"I already try to drown out my memories and sorrows with booze" He whined.
"But you're still heeeeere!"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 am

He blinked, one eye still shut.
"At least I know I'm not going mad."
Struggling to stay awake over his shoulder, he forced his hair from his eyes in a bid to keep consciousness for a few more seconds.
"Anyone ever tell you how comfy you are M? I'm jealous. I want to be this comfy." he muttered finally dozing off, ignoring the swaying step which was in actuality sending him to sleep.

--

She stuck her tongue out.
"I am shocked and appalled. Still this is payback for what you did, which will never be brought up again, nor will I hold it against you. So man up!"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:05 am

M sighed, he'd thought the male would be refreshed after a nights sleep, he certainly was himself, then again, he didn't know what either of them had been through after he'd left.
Albany too had nodded off on the walk back, partially waking only when they crossed over the large bridge that separated the small isle from the rest of the world, the river below deep and forbidding, remains of all who had dared swim across it showing through in the most shallow areas.
They walked in silence as not to wake the sleeping teens, thankful that Kage's gate swung open softly, and that his door did not creak, it would have been unfortunate if either sound had broken the silence.
Kage carried Albany into one of the bedrooms, next to the sleeping Dennai's, opening another door for M to place Haru in, the thought not occurring to him that it would have been more thoughtful to place the lovebirds together.
"I'll see to his throat when he wakes, looks painful" M nodded, placing Haru on the bed, half covering him with the sheet.
"Looks like you'll be staying longer this time" Kage said, casting a glare M's way.
"You can beat me up later...got any more soup?"

--

"...wait...if you're not gonna bring it up again then...why am I still doing this?"
"Because you look sexy made up" Pyro giggled, stepping ahead of them, already imagining the drinks he would order, beer was getting boring.
Damn Barnelby's weak alcohol tolerance.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:20 am

He stirred slightly as his body hit the mattress.
"Thanks.." He mumbled, his sleep deprived body already falling back into slumber for several more hours.

Upon awaking he automatically felt the other side of the bed.
"Albany?" Opening one eye, he realised that she wasn't there. Pushing himself off the bed, he rubbed his arms dispelling the goosebumps that ran up and down his skin. Stumbling from the room, he glanced around the strange home, still unsure of where he was.

--

"Revenge." She stated, forcing him to walk into the tavern. "What does my little pony wolf want then?"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:42 am

Albany lay on her bed, the sea of intricate patterns on the ceiling keeping her tired mind occupied in the hours she found sleep impossible.
Haru's voice seemed far away and she replied very quietly, afraid of hurting her own ears with her strange voice.
"I'm here Haru...where is here?" She traced her fingers along the creases in the sheets, so soft and unfamiliar, fragrant and warm.
What a strange place for another M to live.

--

He kept his gaze on the floor, attempting to hide his face from any onlookers.
"Very very very very very strong whiskey...allot of very very very strong whiskey"
Pyro had already seated himself and was ordering several different drinks for himself, including a beer. Alton simply remained on his hands and knees, hoping she would dismount and save him his spine.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:53 am

He ran his fingertip along the smooth wall, finding her room with some ease.
"Hey..." He gave her a half smile, gripping the door frame tightly to stop himself falling back to sleep. "S'weird place...I didn't know M had a brother...Still he seems nice enough."
He slid down the wall, almost grateful for the chance to go back to sleep, but fought back the blackness that was creeping into his vision.
"How're you doing?" He asked, forcing his eyes back open.

--

She slid from his back, padding over to the bar.
"Very very very very very strong whiskey and a vodka please." She told the barman, who slid her both drinks in a matter of seconds. Passing one to Alton she laughed at him.
"Drink up."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:14 pm

"I'm ok I suppose" She mumbled, in her drowsy state of mind she was fairly sure she could make out faint writing on the ceiling.
"I don't think anyone knew he had a brother...it is kind of secluded here...At least...I thought I was awake when we came in...the whole place is surrounded by fog and marsh...who would know?...besides...This M's a little...thinner..."
She knew she wanted to laugh, but no such action befell her quiet lips.
"I already forgot his name...what kind of guest am I?"

--

"I shall" He murmured, still seated upon the floor he downed the drink in one, placing the empty glass back up on the bar, joining the already collecting row of empty drinks as Pyro continued to swallow his assortment of alcohol.
"More please" Alton whined, licking his lips as Pyro teased him with a diabolical mixture of different drinks.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:42 pm

"A very tired one...I doubt he'll take it personally, just ask for his name. I think it began with a 'C' or maybe a 'K'...I dunno." He said, resting his head on his palm, the warmth of the room seeping into his bones. He stood up, not wanting to fall back to sleep no matter how much his body craved it. "Do you want more sleep? I can leave if you like."

--

She turned her head to the bartender.
"Keep them coming."
Ignoring the strange glances they got, she sipped her drink, savouring the taste as it touched her tongue. Catching the fresh glass he slid her, she passed it to Alton, an apologetic smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:21 pm

She shook her head slowly, hair clumping together on the soft pillow.
"I haven't been able to sleep for awhile...but that doesn't mean you shouldn't..." Lifting her head she cast him a smile.
"You look dead tired...you should sleep for a little while longer...I think you deserve it..." Her head returned to the pillow and she sighed once more, breathing in a scent that threatened to pull her from the bed to search for the source.
"Is someone cooking do you think?"

--

Alton looked away through one of the windows, gulping down half of his drink, feeling just a small hint of a buzz from the alcohol as it began to seep it's way in, though of course drinking the many bottles of beer before coming to the bar meant that he was already feeling light headed after his first drink.
"I think some one's in a moooood" Pyro mused, glancing back at Alton who hadn't let himself return his gaze after taking the beer.
"Whatever shall we do Sai? We has no ride home"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:28 pm

"I'll sleep later, too much of a good thing right?" The scent finally hit him, almost overwhelming in its current state. "I think so." He rubbed his eyes, letting a yawn escape his lips. "I take it you're hungry, lets get something to eat."

--

She took another sip, throwing Pyro a glance.
"You might not have a ride, but I most certainly do." She smiled, tracing her forefinger around the rim of the glass.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 pm

She smiled, pushing herself up from the bed.
It was not that she felt too tired to move, but all motivation had left her. The smell of food was inviting enough to coax her out of bed, over to Haru.
"You need the energy too mister" She took his hand gently, pecking his cheek, the heat from his face telling her that her lips must have been freezing, and she felt guilty.

Kage had already unlocked Dennai's door, leaving him to wake with no knowledge as to why he had drifted off in the first place. The soup smell had engulfed the lower corridors and M was already seated with his first helping.
"Since when did you cook so good anyway? I can't cook..."
"You like eating shit, not to mention you like eating shit off the street like a dog, oh look someone dropped a cookie..." M jumped, glancing around at the perfectly clean floor, a frown appearing as he realised there was nothing for him to devour.
"Liar..."
"Made my point though, didn't I?"

--

"Oh? What makes you so damn sure?" He took another of his drinks, gulping it down in one go.
"Can't ride me around like a pony if I can't walk straight!" He tilted his head back as Alton moved away, hair covering the majority of his face as he hung his head, sipping his drink slowly, almost tempted to lay down on the comfortable seating.
"You could be waaaaaalking home"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:38 pm

"Oh, I need energy? Fine by me." He smiled and squeezed her hand gently. "You're freezing..." He rubbed her arm in a fruitless attempt to warm her up. Walking back into the room, he dragged the covers off the bed. Draping it around her, he tucked it under her arms.
"We can't let him know we don't know his name, he might eat us!" He whimpered in mock fear.

--

"Oh I can get a ride home from any of these willing gentlemen, if my loving brother and my loving...Pyro refuse." She smirked taking the last swig of the drink, the few dregs remaining vanishing down her throat. "And of course I would have to repay my knight in shining armor some how. If I didn't that would just be rude!"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:30 am

"Or stir us into the soup!" She warned him, closing the covers around herself, though she'd little body heat to warm it. She rubbed her face into his chest softly, feeling the warmth soak her pale cheek, she felt so calm.
"Well, whether he eats us or feeds us...at least we'll be warm" She giggled.

--

Pyro whined trough his drink,nearly dropping the glass as he returned it to the bar.
"It would be very rude, but it depends on how you plan to repay them, we aren't cheap y'know, and Al's about to get smashed, you're not gonna give a special reward to a complete stranger...are you?" He helped himself to his next drink, sipping at it, feeling the numbing effect as the whiskey sat upon his lips.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:49 am

He tilted his head.
"Would I make good soup? Well I hope I'll be warming..."
He patted her cloth covered head before walking away, trying to locate the source of the smell.
Turning back, he looked at her, smothering a yawn behind his hand.
"Are you coming?"

--

She thought as her glass was refilled with the clear liquid.
"Oh yes, I would give any of these wonderful men my rewards. After all I make the best cupcakes, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:40 pm

She nodded, hugging herself.
"I just...need to remember how my legs work..." She stood there for a moment, legs stuck to the floor. With a little concentration she finally found herself able to move them once more, feeling them ache as she caught up to Haru.
"I think the soup's giving me super powers" She mused, trying to bury how weak she felt, each tiny action using more energy than she liked to waste.

--

"...Those bloody cupcakes!" He grumbled, head meeting bar, grip on glass tightening.
He mumbled grumpily to himself, his voice muffled my the mass of hair that obscured any sound, lifting his face so that his chin replaced his forehead.
"Is it so much to ask for a little sex?!" Not moments after speaking did he realise the looks he'd received, eyes finding one face that even seemed to wink at him.
"...ugh"
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm

"So more soup is on the menu as you don't look to good."
Tugging the blanket gently, he padded down the hall, slowing so she could walk beside him with ease.
Finding the kitchen after a few minutes, he was hardly surprised to already find M seated with spoon in hand, steadily shoveling soup into his mouth.
"Y'know it's better to savour that, it's not going anywhere."

--

Sai pouted downing the drink in a single gulp.
"I though you liked my cupcakes. Besides, if you wanted sex, then ask numb nuts."
She looked up suddenly aware that the bar had gone silent. Biting her lip, she tried to hide the smile on her face.
"Or maybe, if I don't get a ride home I'll have to give that reward to someone else and leave you without for a few..months? I'm sure Barney can give me my fix, but I'm not sure what he can do for you." She placed her glass back down, staring at him.
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:05 pm

"I think you'll find that you're very very wrong" Kage said, turning away from the lit stove to serve more of the delicious smelling soup into two empty bowls.
"It's going into the deepest bottomless pit in the world, and it's never coming back, if he even tries to savour any of it he may just implode" M snorted at the rather wordy insult, soup still managing to find it's way into his mouth, no longer able to talk back. Kage replaced the soup on the stove and helped Albany to her designated seat, parallel to Haru's.
"Eat up" He uttered, lifting his head as a sleepy figure emerged in the doorway, rubbing it's eyes which were hidden by a mess of black and blue locks.
"I'm sorry I fell asleep at the breakfast table again" He whined, still evidently not fully recovered from his drug induced sleep, nearly toppling sideways though he was quickly caught by Kage, who hadn't made a sound as he darted over to steady the fourteen year old.
"S'allright buddy, not your fault, just sit down and eat what you can, if you're up to nothing else you can go to sleep" He helped the boy to his seat and stepped back to serve him a small portion of the steaming liquid.
Albany watched the two, trying to place what seemed so similar between them, they were entirely different, build, hair, even their voices were distinctly different, so what was the same?

--

"...Sex isn't the kind of thing you ask for in the presence of your best friend and a perv with googly eyes...not to mention Master...so when am I supposed to drop the bloody hint?!" He turned back to see a rather dizzy Alton chuckling at his outburst, though he never made eye contact. And it sent Pyro's mind into panic.
"...just so you don't steal it from Barnelby...I guess I can...offer you a ride home...just this once-" Again he tore his gaze backward, Alton had been treated whilst they talked, another male seemed to have taken an interest, leaving Alton to drink his brains out as he left to relieve himself.
Alton was well and truly pissed.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:11 am

Haru tilted his head, resting his head on his palm.
"M...imploding...What a mess." He shut his eyes for a moment, dozing off in the few seconds that his body had betrayed him for. Before sitting back up with a slight jump, glancing at the clock on the wall. He bit his lip when he realised he had almost fallen asleep, his hand absentmindedly tracing the new scar across his neck, trying hard to ignore the buring sensation that radiated from it.

--

She moved from her seat and placed herself on his lap, nuzzling into his now clean shoulder.
"I'm glad I have such a nice Pyro." She giggled, tracing his collar bone with her finger. "Even if I must torment him to behave."
She looked over his shoulder, Altons table cluttered with glasses.
"Looks like someone's enjoying themselves."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Kage leant against the stove, sipping at his own soup, he didn't fail to notice Haru's action.
"I'll see to that now if you like" He said, eyes rolling over the impossible to miss scar, similar to several he himself carried.
"I have something that should stop the burning, or at the very least raise your pain threshold" He took a few more spoonfuls of soup before turning away to one of the cupboards, searching around for something until he drew from one of the jars, a small wax vial. Stepping casually over to the male he dabbed a drop of fluid onto his fingertip, tilting Haru's chin upward gently he slid his finger over the scar in a long cutting motion, watching the black substance leak into his skin, leaving an intricate pattern which soon began to fade.
"If it starts burning again, inform me" He replaced the vial in the cupboard once more, taking another small spoonful of soup he dipped the bowl into the sink and left the room.

--

Pyro chuckled, watching the not so conscious Alton prop himself up in his seat, looking around tiredly, trying top work out why he felt so groggy no doubt.
"Looks like it indeed...but he diiiid say he didn't swing that waaaaay...." The male who had given Alton the extra alcohol returned not a moment later, sober despite having drunk almost as much as Alton. He looked about ready to take off with him which amused Pyro further.
"I wonder how far we should let him enjoy himself though" He resumed drinking, one arm wrapped around Sai almost protectively, trying his hardest not to laugh as he heard the stranger courting his drunken friend just behind him.

Last edited by Unitarelic on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:45 pm

He nodded in gratitude, a slow numbing spreading over his neck.
"Thanks, I will do if I can remember."
Dipping a spoon into the liquid that had been sat in front of him, he stirred it around for a moment, before pushing the creamy coloured liquid away, his stomach churning at the thought of ingesting anything.
"Sorry, I just can't....stomach anything at the moment."

--

Sai looked worried, pouting slightly she turned back to face Pyro.
"Don't let him go to far, I like my brother in one piece and I was very mean to him. Maybe I convinced this guy that he's a girl....the shock on his face when he finds out she has a penis."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Albany took her spoon in hand, dipping into the thickness of the steaming soup, bobbing some of the vegetables around before bringing those she sought out most to her lips. It was even more delicious than it looked, though one mouthful seemed to take up a lot more room than it should have.
She struggled to finish it, not wanting to appear rude, helping herself to a slice of bread so she could clear the porcelain entirely. In the time she had taken to finish, she felt rather lost as she watched M dozed on his hand, the male she didn't know had fallen asleep without touching his food and Haru looked somewhat worse for wears as well. Feeling the emptiness inside her grow once more she gazed out through the kitchen window, fog collecting once more.
It was so quiet.

--

"If, he finds out, only he'll be looking for awhile" He chuckled and signalled for another drink to be brought to him, pushing his empty glasses forward for collection, watching the impressive mass of shimmering sparkles disappear to be cleaned, snatching his drink as it drifted to him.
"Oh and don't worry...I doubt you're really fooling anyone...after all, last time I checked that guy...that rather large obese gentleman...was a raging homo with a hunger for younger less smelly men..." He found himself chuckling again, turning his head he began to call Alton over, realising that, he wasn't actually there anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ambyrawrawr
DN Admin
DN Admin
Ambyrawrawr

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:11 am

His head slid off his hand, face connecting with the table, a loud thump resounded off his head.
"Oww." Rubbing his head where he hit his head, he sat back up properly refusing to slouch for fear of dozing off again. "That would be a great alarm clock." He grumbled, pushing gently on the now tender bump.

--

"He's a bumlord? Are you serious?" She flicked her gaze back to the table Alton had previously occupied. "And now he's gone. Fuck sake, if we ever get him back he will be in a lot of pain. Mainly through crushing, partly me strangiling him."
Back to top Go down
Unitarelic
DN Moderator
DN Moderator
Unitarelic

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:21 am

"Or you could just buy a rooster..." Albany muttered, the polished wood of the table looking increasingly inviting the more she let her mind slip into haze. She wondered for a moment where Kage had sauntered off to, but heard faint rustlings of paper and supposed he'd decided to read while they ate. The soup smell began to get cold as it stilled in the pot and the untouched bowls. She waited for a moment longer before slipping away, deciding to speak to Kage and disturb him from his silence.

--

"Weeeell...judging by that little round thing at the bottom of his glass...Al has no idea what he's doing...best leave him to it, it'd be the ultimate revenge right? Besides...I fancy another drink” He held up his empty glass to draw attention to himself, shrugging off Alton's disappearance.
In his nearing drunken state he saw it only fair that he have Sai all to himself.
While Alton was carried off to the nearest dark corner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devouring midnight   Devouring midnight - Page 23 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devouring midnight
Page 23 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Nightmares :: Role-Play Realm :: Fantasy Roleplay :: Devouring Midnight-
Jump to: